Skip to main content

The Premiere Institute

 As final sun sets at Peak of Learning, my attachments grew more. Perhaps I am certain that  memories be only a priceless moments and a best storyteller.  I felt no more butterflies in my stomach, in fact I never wanted to leave the place. Anyhow  my gadget have enough college photographs saved for future rememberance.
  The College gate with western architecture painted in Bhutanese traditional style stands in its unique identity. Perhaps the Institute founded sometimes in late 1960's is  nearly fifty years now  and in span of few years ahead,  it's Golden Jubilee, Fifty years anniversary will be celebrated.

 Magnificent Clock tower attached with Auditorium is functional for differnet occassions acomodating few hundered people. Morning assemblies, official functions and night shows takes place. At weekends movies were screened. Whenever I got into Auditorium, I would have quizzical look on unfamiler paintings at ceilings. Probably it was some kind of zodiac signs, I answer myself.....I still don't have concrete ideas on those paintings encircled within couple of loops.

 When I look at college photographs now, I dearly and genuinuely miss my College days.
Thrilled and anxious at first, before reaching the College. Emotionally theartened too, hearing about the ragging trends. Yet I was never ragged or bullied by any of the seniors. Two of my senior mates really helped me a lot. They were my best companion ever.  Ata Tshering and Acho Karma, were best souls I met once again at college.
 They were my seniors at High School too.  We were happy together under same compartment. They are good at hearts, helpful not only to me but hospitable to others aswell.
I am really thankfull and proud to have found two caring brothers when evrything seemed alliens at first. We prepare dishes and dined together, watched movies together, chit chat together, joked together and laughed together. At times we went for walks together.
We spent two years together happily.

Final year was fun with Giri. We were in same class pursuing same course. We became student leaders as well.  We were really good and understanding friends. We spent everything together.
Fun moments at Shrubtse includes Jam sessions, moonsson Soccer tournament, Boedra Competition,Evening walks, field trips, study tours, picnicking, blind dates, movies and shows.
Encountered beautiful souls and had fantastic moments together. I am humbled to have found my better half too,Yeshey.
Besides everything I had learned lot more lessons and gained experiences  during three years duration albeit it seemed short. I knew about human values and ethics. Perhaps I learned to become good, responsible, independent and kind humanbeing.
I could explore and learn various aspects of academic lessons under hardworking and dedicated lecturers. Presentations were made consecutively every semesters as a part of course works. Assignments and project works were also carried out in order to fulfill some academic criteria. Mostly assigments used to be produced at eleventh hours,easily copied and pasted from online sources. I hardly visited library but mostly browsed Internet in completing my works as limited materials were seen in the library. We were first batch pursuing B.Sc. Environmental Science and we had very few materials related to our course. Thus Internet had been best source for us.
Yet the library is enriched with Literature books and other documents were available unlike ours.
Likewise End semester examinations were appeared with last moment preparations, burning mid night candles.

As one of the  student leaders I initiated several functions at college  with my best abilities. I really had good chance to develop my public speaking skills and I could boost my confidence level too. I spoke in crowd during several occasions as MC, hosts and coordinator. I aspired for Bilingualism, to speak fluent Dzongkha and English.

I did engaged in some social services, sensitization programs and cutural programs aswell. I helped monks in learning English for about a year as a part of my volunteerism. I was nominated to participate in a week long leadership workshop at capital. Further I also had prevailige to visit India for a seminar, sadly I refused owing to academic burdens. Yet I am really grateful to the college for an offer.

I am  fortunate enough to have pursed my undergrade at nation's premiere institute, which I never dreamt about. Proudly I become Alumni of Sherubtse now and I could record the Peak of learning as a alma mater in my education chapter.I am deeply thankful to Sherubtse College.

Miss you big time. See you in future.
Kinza Namgay (alumuni)
Class of 2016




Comments

  1. Nice one kinzang. I can feelyour emotionally attachment you have built over three years with the place and the people. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kabney (ceremonial scarves) in Bhutan

  Kabney:  tradition of wearing ceremonial scarves in Bhutan  Introduction   The origin of  Kabney  dates back to the time of Lord Buddha and also the 7 th  Century saint  Padma Sambhava  was said to have given the white scarves to be worn by commoners during all the religious ceremonies.  The distinction and creation of  Kabneys  for cabinet,  nyikelm  and  Gups  were made during the great rein of Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyel in the 16 th  Century when he unified and founded the of Nation state in Bhutan.  Further with an establishment of Monarchy in the 20 th  Century, the various scarves for cabinet minister and their deputies ( བློན་པོ་ལྷན་རྒྱས་ གོང་འོག ),  Nyikelms  ( གཉིས་སྐལམ ) ,  Chip   Zhem  ( ཆིབས་བཞོནམ  traditional title for the lowest ranked officer ) and  Rabjams ( རབ་འབྱམས )  were introduced as post-based scarves.  With an onset of 21 st  century, the tradition of  kabney  evolved further in the phase of modernization and scarves for  Dzongda ( རྫོང་བདག ),  Drangpon ( དྲང་ད

NLCS's recent achievement- Efficient land governance towards better service delivery

རྒྱལ་ཡོངས་ས་ཆ་ལྷན་ཚོགས། འཇོན་དྲགས་ཅན་གྱི་ ས་ཆ་བདག་སྐྱོང་དང་འཛིན་སྐྱོང་འདི་ མཁོ་གལ་ཅན་ཅིག་ ཨིན་མི་དེ་ཡང་  ས་ཆ་དེ་བཟོ་གྲྭ་ཐོན་སྐྱེད་ཀྱི་དོན་ལུ་ ངེས་པར་མཁོ་བའི་ རྒྱུ་རྐྱེན་གཙོ་བོ་གཅིག་ཨིན་པའི་ཁར་ རྒྱབ་ཁབ་ཀྱི་མི་སྡེ་དཔལ་འབྱོར་གོང་འཕེལ་གྱི་དོན་ལུ་ཡང་ མེད་ཐབས་མེདཔ་ཅིག་ཨིན། ས་གཞི་འདི་ ང་བཅས་རའི་ རིན་ཆེན་ནོར་བུ་ཨིན། སྤྱིར་བཏང་མི་སེར་གྱི་ ཕན་བདེ་་དང་དགའ་སྐྱིད་ཡང་ ས་གཞི་འདི་ལས་བརྟེན་ཏེ་ བྱུངམ་ཨིན། ས་ཆ་རྒྱུན་སྐྱོང་ལམ་ལུགས་དང་ ཚད་ཅན་གྱི་ས་གཞི་ཚུ་ སྤུས་དག་སྦེ་ ལག་ལེན་འཐབ་པ་ཅིན་ རྒྱལ་ཁབ་ཀྱི་སྲུང་སྐྱོབ་དང་རང་བཙན་ གནས་ཐབས་ལུ་ཡང་ཕན། རྒྱུ་མཚན་དེ་ལས་བརྟེན་ ས་དང་འབྲེལ་བའི་ཞབས་ཏོག་ཚུ་སྔར་བ་ལྷགཔ་སྦེ་ ཡར་འཕར་གཏང་འཐབ་ ལུ་ ས་ཆ་རིག་པའི་གནས་སྡུད་ཀྱི་གཞི་རྟེན་ གསརཔ་ཟོ་ནི་དང་ ཁྲིམས་ལྡན་བཀོད་ཁྲམ་ཚུ་ ད་ལྟོ་ཡོད་པའི་ ཁྲིམས་ལུགས་ཚུ་དང་འཁྲིལ་ རྩ་བརྟན་བཟོ་ནི་དང་ གཞན་ཡང་ ཐབས་ཤེས་དང་དམིགས་པ་ གལ་གནད་ཅན་གྱི་སླ་ལས་ དང་པ ས་ཆ་རིགས་པའི་བརྡ་དོན་སྲིད་བྱུས སྤྱི་ལོ་༢༠༡༨ ཅན་མ་འདི་ཨིན། སྲིད་བྱུས་དེ་ནང་ ས་ཆ་རིགས་པའི་བརྡ་དོན་ཚུ་ ངེས་པར་དུ་ཚང་དགོ། སྤྱིར་བཏང་ སྲིད་བྱུས

Police Youth Partnership Program

Police Youth partnership Program (PYPP) is one of the noble initiatives commenced under the command of the former chief of Police(Uncle Chief) Brigader Kipchu Namghyel, in association with the youngsters of Bhutan. It's conducted during mid-term and end academic vacations, when schools get closed. Basically, the program is  helpful for the youths of Bhutan in making their vacations productive. Moreover it engageses youths to work in close association with Royal Bhutan Police to combate youth and other social issues.  Personally I felt motivated and acquired handson experiences having been part of the event. It was a moment to get in contact with new faces. We were 50 in number and handful of friends were already  known to me.  The program started sometime at the end of December, 2010 continued for about two weeks. We were guided and supported by police personnels and officers.  I could still remember officers  Dasho Karma Tshering ( SP), Major Sonam Tshering and Le